VIA seeks to increase equity, access, and opportunities for veterans to participate in quality arts programming that is sensitive and responsive to their unique experiences. VIA provides project and partnership support for nonprofit arts organizations, local arts agencies, and veterans' assistance agencies to reach veterans, active military, and their families.
Veterans Initiative in the Arts
California-based nonprofit arts organization, local arts agency or unit of government, or veterans assistance agency.
Veterans' assistance agencies: either a local unit of government or a California-based nonprofit organization with a primary mission of providing assistance to veterans and/or their families, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
Veterans' Service Organizations, Vet Centers, local veterans commissions, veterans' housing and medical facilities, and homeless and disabled veterans support agencies. If unclear about appropriate partners, contact the VIA Program Specialist (see Staff Contact).
- Use of Fiscal Sponsors allowed in this program.
- Develop the artistic abilities and creative expression of veterans, active military and/or their families.
- Contribute to the public understanding of and appreciation for the diverse range of veterans’ experiences.
- Provide greater access to the arts for veteran communities by reducing barriers to arts participation or exploring innovative strategies for new or increased participation.
- Online Application instructions
- Apply Online
- Grant Writing Tips
- Reference Application
- Ranking Guide
All applicants to this program are required to complete a DataArts Cultural Data Profile (CDP) profile and submit a Funder Report along with their application. Access or create your account, and complete this part of your application at DataArts.
Guidelines & Application Available:
January 18, 2017
March 29, 2017
May 1 - 2, 2017
Grant Activity Period:
July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018