Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment & Outreach Coordinator
Arts Council Napa Valley
Reports to: President & CEO
Status: Full-time, hourly
Compensation: $17-$20/hour based on experience
Summary Job Description
Arts Council Napa Valley is seeking a creative, passionate, and skilled Development & Outreach Coordinator to help develop, design, and implement brand-aligned cultivation, sales and marketing activities for members, donors, and the general public that will promote ACNV’s mission; cultivating authentic relationships and building broad local enthusiasm and engagement for all arts and culture. This position assists in the design and implementation of membership and annual fund programs utilizing best practices and strong sales techniques to retain and develop relationships with artists, supporters, and public audiences. The main focus of ACNV is on promoting equity for our students, vibrancy and health of our local arts community, and access for the general public. This includes growing awareness, meaningful engagement, and support for all arts and culture, including but not limited to modern and traditional music, dance, theater, media, literary, visual and craft arts of all cultures. (Bilingual, English-Spanish, speakers are encouraged to apply.)
About the Position
The Development & Outreach Coordinator is an important relationship cultivation and sales-oriented position, best for a highly motivated individual who enjoys networking, event attendance, and communications. The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a small entrepreneurial-spirited team and has a strong interest in supporting the growth of arts, culture and entertainment. Qualified candidates have excellent customer service skills and a relationship-first approach, a strong interest in nonprofit fund development, professional written and verbal communication skills, effective time-management and organization. Candidates should be familiar with and interested in arts industry relationship-cultivation, building individual donor retention, corporate sponsorship, and marketing. This role requires an ability to work in a team but also as a self-directed member under the guidance of the CEO. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make an impact in the community, attend a diverse array of events, support the local artists and arts administrators, and further develop a career in arts marketing. Position to start immediately.
- Member & Industry Relations
- Develop and implement plans for retention and cultivation of relationships with local arts, culture, and entertainment professionals and organizations.
- With CEO, create annual plan for membership activities, including annual and monthly performance indicator goals and expense budgets.
- Research trends in membership categories, benefits, premiums, programs.
- Develop recommendations for revised and refreshed membership program benefits and marketing.
- Donor Relations
- Design and manage donor relationships to support retention and cultivation.
- Create collateral materials for print and electronic communications, including membership brochures, regular member/email blasts, and donor/membership renewal and welcome packets.
- Plan and execute twice annual fund development campaigns using print, electronic, and other media.
- Outreach & Communications
- With colleagues, create annual plan for outreach, public relations, and marketing activities, including promotions of programs, services, and activities
- Track and report on annual and monthly engagement goals and budget.
- Collaborate on social media strategy and developing regular social media updates through various platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist with researching, planning, and creating online content for various ACNV outlets, including ACNV newsletters, ArtsCouncilNapaValley.org and NapaValleyNow.com
- Draft press releases and liaise with media, including maintaining media lists
- Track and report on marketing and engagement activities against established goals, including digital analytics.
- As needed, assist in production of digital and print media items
- General Coordination
- Track and report on donor and member cultivation performance indicators.
- Maintain relationship accounts in database and, as needed, in public materials.
- Coordinate with teammates to manage projects, timeframes, and ensure clear communications.
- Assist to recruit, supervise and train development volunteers and interns.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Familiarity with Google Apps: Docs, Slides, Sheets (or Microsoft Office equivalents)
- Social media management and content creation, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Bilingual, Spanish-English
- Familiarity with database entry and management
- Constant Contact e-mail marketing system and/or related application
- Narrative writing and/or copywriting
- Basic video editing for social media
- Basic event photography for social media
2 years of fund development, sales, and/or marketing experience; a history of meeting or exceeding goals; ability to design, organize and track appeals and interpret trends; ability to work independently and within budget; ability to manage strong relationships with a variety of constituents; ability to function effectively as team member and a willingness to participate in activities and assignments that help meet the goals of and objectives of the department; strong organizational skills and proficiency with data tracking systems. BA or equivalent work experience.
Special Requirements: Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: PO Box 2782, Napa CA 94558