Arts Jobs - DetailSecurity Supervisor
California Center for the Arts, Escondido
The California Center for the Arts, Escondido is seeking an experienced security leader and committed Security Supervisor to lead the security team and all security operations of the Center.
About the Center:
The Center is a non-profit organization presenting a rich and diverse array of artistic and cultural offerings. Through arts education, quality arts programming, affordable rental facilities, and low-cost and free performances, the Center is able to enrich the lives of the community it serves.
With a mission of bringing people together to discover, create, and celebrate the arts, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido is the cultural center of North San Diego County.
About the Role:
In this role, the Security Supervisor develops and implements policies and procedures to maintain security standards, and oversees all security operations of the Center. This position supervises the security staff and ensures a quick security response to calls for routine and emergency services from employees, patrons, and visitors. The position works cooperatively with Center staff to ensure the facility remains secure during performances and events.
The Ideal Candidate for this position:
- Must be committed, reliable, and professional with excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Must have the desire to take charge, to lead, protect, and serve;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of proven and successful experience in a security lead role;
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively while maintaining excellent hospitality, interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Must have a valid and current BSIS California Guard Card;
- Has open availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays; and
- Is organized with strong attention to detail and with the ability to write detailed incident reports.
If you are the ideal candidate and reasonably meet the outlined expectation of experience and qualifications mentioned in the job announcement, submit your Resume and Cover Letter for consideration.
Application deadline: December 11, 2017
Note: The Center is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and background investigation. The Center participates in E-Verify Employment Verification System.
Supervisor: Director of Technical Production and Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Terms of Employment: At Will
Employment Status: Full-Time
Compensation: Annual salary based on experience and qualifications
Benefits: The Center is proud to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits, which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 403(b), Paid Time Off, 11 Paid Holidays, complimentary tickets, and more!
The Security Supervisor develops and implements policies and procedures to maintain security standards, and oversees all security operations of the Center. This position supervises the security staff and ensures a quick security response to calls for routine and emergency services from employees, patrons, and visitors. The position works cooperatively with Center staff to ensure the facility remains secure during performances and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for the effective management of all aspects of physical security of the campus, buildings and grounds.
- Assess security risks and ensure that safety measures are in place.
- Ensure that each layer of security is audited and maintained, and resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of the campus.
- Ensure appropriate security responses to employee, patron, and visitor calls for routine or emergency services.
- Conduct foot patrols of the campus and facility.
- Secure buildings, rooms, and workspaces.
- Responsible for enforcing safe work practices and mitigating identified hazards.
- Manage control access of company keys and radios.
- Work closely with Museum’s and Conference Center’s temporary security services.
- Oversee and lead the safety committee and ensure that the Center’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program and Emergency Action Plan gets implemented. Enforce all company safety rules.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, the Security Supervisor has the overall responsibility for ensuring site conditions are in strict compliance with applicable health and safety requirements.
- Investigate injuries to determine cause and take action to prevent repetition.
- Take action to mitigate identified hazards.
- Facilitate safety training for staff, safety committee, and annual fire drills.
- Report and document health, safety, facility and security concerns.
- Conduct all work in accordance with CCAE’s policies and procedures, including safety, time & attendance, and uniform policies.
- Adhere to all safety programs and policies and performing work in a safe manner.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the security department in all aspects of customer-based security and non-security services.
- Recruit, train, mentor, plan, assign and direct work, conduct performance reviews, and supervise the security staff.
- Oversee scheduling and work performance of the security officers.
- Ensure fire extinguishers are inspected and serviced.
- Write clear, concise and legible reports.
- Prepare security watch schedules and submit to Director of Operations for approval.
- Process requests for additional security staff and submitting to Director of Operations for approval.
- Coordinate repairs and rentals of radios.
- Coordinate the request/issue of keys and rekey of doors as authorized by the direct supervisor.
Other duties as may be deemed necessary by the direct supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to supervise, direct activities of the security team.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience in reporting and emergency response. Must have knowledge of security protocols and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including patrons, vendors, volunteers, and Center employees.
- Excellent written, communication, interpersonal and customer services skills. Active listening skills.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively, and to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Must be self-starter, reliable, and effective team member.
- Ability to write routine incident reports, including logs.
- Ability to facilitate safety training.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to accomplish multiple priorities in a fast-paced work setting.
- Computer skills with the ability to use various programs including MS. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the internet.
- Must be flexible to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays with the ability to work long hours.
- Must be able to deal with various levels of personality traits
- Must have integrity and desire to protect and serve.
- Must be able to operate equipment including radios, tools, ladders, etc.
- Well groomed and professional appearance. Must wear appropriate uniform at all times.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in a security supervision or security lead role. Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience. Some college or an Associate’s degree is preferred. A valid and current BSIS California Guard Card is required before first day of employment.
Other Essential Requirements are to:
- Integrity – Think and act ethically and honestly. Take responsibility for actions.
- Customer Orientation – View the Center through the eyes of the customer and attempt to anticipate needs.
- Team Player – Support the larger organizational and team agendas more than personal goals.
- Communicativeness – Actively and openly seek and share information.
- Self-objectivity – Know personal strengths and limitations and continually seek to improve.
- Written Communication – Write clearly and concisely, organize content effectively.
- Initiative – Sees a need, takes responsibility, and acts on it.
- Active Listening – Attends fully when others speak and paraphrases their ideas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up 60 pounds or more, and occasionally lift and/or move 70 pounds. Must be able to reach, bend and stoop.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for 6 hours or more. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The workspace is in a security and hospitality environment. Noise levels vary, but can be moderate to high during programming and events. While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time with respect to both indoor and outdoor events. Temperature levels may include hot, cold, and mild. The noise level in the work environment may be low, moderate, and at times may be high.
California Center for the Arts, Escondido is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Addressee:340 N Escondido Blvd