Arts Jobs - DetailDirector of Studio Operations and Facilities
Job Title: Director of Studio Operations and Facilities
Reports To: Executive Director
Date: November 13, 2017
The Crucible, Northern California’s most innovative and diverse industrial arts education center, seeks a multi-talented, customer-service oriented and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Director of Studio Operations and Facilities.
The position works closely with the senior management team to ensure that the facility and studio are sufficiently well maintained and operated to support all educational programs, outreach programs, and events. This will include directing all studio operations facility upgrades and maintenance, along with analyzing and determining needs for any improvements. In addition, the Director of Studio Operations is responsible for interacting and managing all interaction with OPD, OFD, Hazmat, and Health Department requirements, ensuring compliance with all permits and regulations.
The Director of Studio Operations and Facilities supervises all studio managers, including the senior studio manager and volunteers in the studio or on related facility projects. They are responsible to maintain budget for all studio operations, office, and yard maintenance. In addition, the Director of Studio Operations and Facilities is responsible for ensuring the safety, health and well-being of all staff, faculty, students, and community when in and around the facility.
The Director of Studio Operations and Facilities reports to the Executive Director.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
Program Administration and Operations
- Ensure smooth daily operations of educational programs and events at The Crucible, with the outcome of providing exceptional user experience from the moment of engagement.
- Oversee all purchasing needed to run The Crucible programs.
- Manage studio operations to ensure that all studios are well-equipped, appropriately stocked, and ready for all programs with all consumables.
- Work closely with area technicians to ensure all equipment runs safety and is maintained for well running classes.
- Foster a service oriented work environment with an emphasis on providing exceptional customer service, achievement of highest standards of quality, identifying and supporting opportunities for innovation, and system efficiencies.
- Manage support staff to reach satisfactory service solutions to issues that optimize student experience. Support and codify customer service for internal and external customers, including students, studio renters, CREATE members, event patrons, volunteers, and faculty.
- Work closely with event team to support the delivery of high quality events.
- Manage studio staff to ensure proper staffing levels in the studio and preparation of each studio area prior to all educational programs.
- Develop and manage studio replacement reserve schedule, including plans for equipment repair and replacement, building maintenance and repair, and program growth.
- Develop and meet budget goals for studio and facility maintenance program, capital expenses, and studio management team.
- Access and develop budget for studio support and build outs of event related needs.
- Prepare and distribute management reports regarding state of budget and facility needs.
- Develop track budget for maintenance and repair by department area.
Leadership & Management
- Participate in senior staff leadership meetings to help guide organizational growth and development.
- Coordinate studio requirements and program initiatives with the Development team to provide financial resources for growth and development.
- Develop plans for Studio Committee to support staff efforts in studio development and allocation of resources.
- Develop studio and program budget and manage programs to meet ongoing budget goals.
- Develop/update all training to be in compliance with Oakland’s; OPD, OFD, Health Department, and Hazmat needs.
- Minimum of seven years relevant program management experience – preferably with an established arts education-based nonprofit organization.
- Experience with industrial arts fabrication equipment and studio requirements.
- Experience in facilities and operations management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Experience managing multiple, culturally diverse stakeholders, as well as budget development and management.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, take initiative, and be proactive with attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds, current valid CA driver’s license, and ability to drive a car if needed.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Must hold a valid CA driver’s license.
- Email: Cover letter, résumé and three reference contacts to email@example.com
- Subject line: Director of Studio Operations and Facilities