Arts Jobs - DetailSoka Performing Arts Center General Manager
Soka University of America
Aliso Viejo, CA
Soka University of America (SUA) is seeking a full time Soka Performing Arts Center General Manager responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Soka Performing Arts Center (PAC). The Soka PAC General Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the overall programming, supervising operational staff, managing the facilities, and developing procedures and policies for the PAC. He/she will train and supervise event staff and volunteers and coordinate with the Events Area, Facilities, IT, and other areas as needed. This position reports to the Vice President for Administration and Finance & CFO.
Necessary duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs, with staff, the day-to-day operations developing and implementing the overall programming for the PAC.
- Develops and implements procedures and policies of the PAC researching best practices to follow industry standards.
- Ensures compliance with university, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Provides administrative direction to staff and volunteers by applying technical knowledge in the implementation and execution of the planned programs for all of the PAC operations.
- Manages and directs all operations in the Soka Performing Arts Center to ensure excellent customer services and appropriate coordination among internal areas (i.e. faculty, student body, campus community, events, facilities, IT, security, finance, and other areas) as well as external clients and contracted artists.
- Oversees creation of marketing and outreach materials utilizing print and digital services.
- Schedules tours and markets use of the Soka Performing Arts Center to potential external clients.
- Develops and reviews budget plan, projections and contracts. Creates and administers fee structure, rental agreements and contracts.
- Oversees front-of-house, backstage and box office operations, in addition to the maintenance and inventory of theater supplies and equipment.
- Works a flexible schedule including nights and weekends depending on the PAC schedule.
- Maintains archive of all productions and events.
- Research and evaluates new or changed accounting principles and practices.
- Adjusts to the changing needs of the university operations or needs to provide specialized or individual reports.
- Accepts other assignments from the Vice President for Administration related to responsibilities as the university develops.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Arts Administration or related field. Some higher education experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in performing arts or theater arts management.
- Knowledge of box office policies and procedures and front-of-house activities.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing web design, publishing software, databases, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics with excellent ability to direct the development of promotional and marketing materials.
- Excellent planning, administrative, budget and personnel management skills, including knowledge of bookkeeping and recordkeeping.
- A strong evidence of a spirit of collegiality and a strong service orientation.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with a wide range of university personnel such as administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the greater community, as well as a variety of outside organizations and firms.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Successful completion of a background check is required for the final candidate. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Soka University of America offers a competitive benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply send a letter of interest, resume, salary history/requirements, and three professional references to:
Re: Soka Performing Arts Center General Manager
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Fax: (949) 480-4164
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.