Arts Jobs - DetailAirport Arts Program Administrative Coordinator
San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego, CA
Under general direction, the Airport Arts Program Coordinators provide administrative, curatorial, and project management support to the Airport Arts Program Manager and Senior Manager of Arts & Community Partnerships. Coordinators work with Airport Authority staff, artists, contractors, vendors, and tenants to program and organize art exhibits and performances while coordinating design, construction, and installation of temporary and permanent Airport artwork; and performs related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Incumbents of a classification option will have responsibilities for the duties noted under their designation, as well as those listed for designations below that level:
Airport Arts Program Administrative Coordinator I:
- In charge of administrative duties for Arts Program; processes invoices, drafts memos, coordinates meeting and event scheduling; prepares presentations and other materials.
- Provides management assistance and care for the existing public art collection. Maintains and implements annual schedule of conservation treatments for collection; coordinates installation and de-installation of artwork; liaison to internal departments with regard to conservation, installation, and de-installation scheduling; maintains collections management system for public art collection.
- Provides support to the Authority’s Airport Art Advisory Committee via Arts Program Manager; assists in developing meeting agendas and supports Airport Arts Program Manager and Senior Manager of Arts & Community Partnerships in ensuring that meetings are conducted in accordance with all applicable procedures; develops reports, proposals and briefings for Committee consideration and follows up on Committee requests for research and a variety of other information and materials; prepares materials for committee member orientation.
- Coordinates processes for community involvement in Airport Art planning; coordinates outreach programs that include community workshops, meetings, seminars, and media communications; maintains communication and cooperation with multiple organizations, institutions, and individuals within various project areas to ensure citizen and community involvement in Airport Arts planning and art project activities; facilitates community meetings to set goals for Airport Art projects and other initiatives.
- Coordinates with colleagues across all divisions and departments of the Airport Authority in order to implement arts programming, conservation, and maintenance; provides frequent and thorough communications to internal partners about Airport Arts programming and projects.
- Coordinates logistics for Airport Arts events and dedications. Attends and assists in media and other functions and activities associated with building support for Airport Arts programs.
- Conducts weekly “walk-throughs” of airport campus to assess public art, temporary exhibition, and performing arts venue conditions, and coordinates necessary maintenance/conservation as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in art, art history, arts administration, performing arts, media arts, art education, public administration or a closely related field, and one year of progressively responsible professional experience involving the coordination of programs and projects similar to those administered by the Airport Authority Arts Program; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. The position is open to emerging professionals and recently graduated candidates.
APPLY ONLINE: www.san.org/careers
Address: 3225 N. Harbor Drive