Arts Jobs - DetailFaculty Member
Job Title: Crucible Faculty Member
Reports To: Kristy Higares
Status: Seasonal Nonexempt
Date: November 13, 2017
Closes: Open until filled
Crucible Faculty Member
We are looking for qualified instructors for:
Welding (TIG, OXY and MIG)
Glass Hot Shop (Glass Blowing, Casting, Ladling etc.)
Many other industrial arts disciplines.
We are a non-profit educational facility that offers classes and workshops in the fine and industrial arts. We offer a wide range of classes and programs that impact as many as 10,000 people annually. Our programs attract working artists, trades people, and youth and adults from throughout the greater Bay Area and beyond.
- Teaching fine and industrial arts in an artistically diverse environment
- Participating in departmental and administrative matters
- Develop and maintain area procedures and standards
- Work with Program Directors to support The Crucible’s behavior policies and adherence to The Crucible health and safety rules
- Organize materials and supplies before and after classes and workshops. Collaborate with Department Head to order materials as needed.
- Work with Program Director on advancing/developing and updating curriculum, curriculum includes teaching courses in areas that focus on foundational skills
- Attend Faculty meetings, open houses and events to represent your area
The Crucible seeks candidates with a minimum of five years of experience producing work projects in their area of expertise, a minimum of two years teaching experience, and the capacity to create an inspiring environment in the classroom. Master of Industrial Design or Master of Fine Arts degrees are preferred, but candidates with significant professional experience are welcome to apply and will also be considered. The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to teaching, curriculum design and development, and collaboration.
E-mail a letter of interest, current CV, examples of creative work (portfolio or URL), and the names of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Teaching at the Crucible
Please supply your information in a pdf or doc format.
No faxes or calls please!
Address: 1260 7th Street