Arts Jobs - DetailSupply Store/Print Center Assistant
The Southern California Institute of Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
The Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) is seeking a part- time Supply Store/Print Center Assistant to be a part of a diverse community of 500 students, 80+ faculty and 50 staff. SCI-Arc brings together accomplished architectural professionals who encourage creativity, share knowledge, and foster independence by focusing on the individual learning experience.
This is an immediate opening for a part-time (20 – 25 hour per week) Supply Sales / Print Center Assistant in the SCI-Arc Retail Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer Service – ring up sales, answer phones, assist customers, interact with students and the public
- Assist in the Print Center with printing, binding, mounting and ringing up sales
- Operate cash register – prepare register for store opening and close out register at end of day
- Responsibility with cash box
- Receive orders
- Maintain inventory – stock shelves, straighten store, notify Manager of low inventory
- Assist with store visuals - move merchandise, displays, shelving
- Maintain clean store environment – sweep, dust, remove out trash
- Be knowledgeable about the merchandise
- Supervise student workers
- Work on creative product displays
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of experience in a retail environment (art/architecture retail experience preferred)
- Cashier experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Natural hospitable demeanor
- Responsible and reliable
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Flexibility is a must as this schedule is subject to change periodically
- Experience with wall mounted cutters preferred
- Creative merchandising experience preferred
- Experience with Professional Artists mediums preferred
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 30 lbs.
- Some overhead reaching will be required
SCI-Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Address: 960 E. 3rd Street