Arts Jobs - DetailMembership Manager
Cal Performances is seeking an experienced Membership Manager.
The Membership Manager is a fundraising team member, responsible for the management and expansion of the Friends of Cal Performances membership program. Program management includes donor acquisition and cultivation; program benefits benchmarking and evaluation; and strategy development to ensure the program’s on-going effectiveness and growth through engaging membership campaigns. The incumbent supervises the Development Operations Assistant. Success requires the ability to inspire thoughtful collaboration with staff in the Development, Marketing, Box Office, Operations, and Artistic departments and a strong understanding of the motivations of a curious, diverse, and deeply engaged base of performing arts fans.
Duties include but are not limited to:
[90%] Fundraising Strategy, Execution and Management
- Actively manage Friends of Cal Performances’ program (individual gifts $1 -- $1,499); develop and evaluate comprehensive strategies to increase renewal rates and continually acquire new donors.
- Conceive, set, implement and evaluate strategies that grow our base of support through diverse and various means.
- Identify new prospect pools and develop corresponding targeted strategies.
- Ensure member benefits package remains current, attractive and competitive over time.
- Develop strategies for creating and maintaining regular communication with members though various channels.
- Provide regular statistical reports and summaries of fundraising progress.
- Analyze and react to acquisition, renewal and directional trends.
- Working collaboratively with internal departments and colleagues, ensure Cal Performances’ case for support is front and center with our patrons and potential donors.
- Cultivate and steward donors and prospects via donor club activities, telephone contact and written communications, involving Director of Development, Director and trustees when appropriate.
- Identify prospective supporters at the Producer’s Circle or Major Gift levels in the Friends pool, and submit for formal research and review process.
- Serve on the Annual Fund Committee, and work directly with Trustees and major donor volunteers, to create and implement a dynamic program to attract new donors and members, steward current contributors, and increase donor loyalty.
- Prepare income projections and reforecasts and expense budget.
- Manage donor relations, engaging prospective donors and attending to donor needs.
- Maintain the Tessitura database functions that support our membership benefits and gift administration systems
- Supervise and provide guidance to the Development Operations Assistant and their duties including: Donor Reserved Parking benefit, Friends event execution, gift and pledge administration, acknowledgment letter generation and mailing, financial reconciliation, and Tessitura database management for the department.
- Minimum three to four years in fundraising required; 2 years of individual and/or membership fundraising experience for a nationally recognized non-profit performing arts organization, preferred.
- Experience running a highly successful membership/engagement program for a cultural or entertainment organization, including significant direct marketing experience.
- Strong knowledge of annual giving; membership marketing; and donor cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation.
- Creativity in producing development materials and events.
- Experience with budget development and management.
- Excellent computers skills required including proficiency with MS Word and Excel; working knowledge of Tessitura strongly preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities across position levels and departments.
- Extensive experience with customer relationship management databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work well with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
- Passion for the performing arts required; knowledge of performing arts, preferred.
Please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu/ (search by the Job ID #24090) for full job description. When applying, please include a cover letter with your resume.