Arts Jobs - DetailCommunications Manager
Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
This position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the institutional and programmatic communications and public relations strategies for The Wallis. The position is a key marketing & communications team member who will work closely with marketing department staff members, publicity consultants, and artist’s representation and/or publicity agents. This role is responsible for organizing press/media events and activities, maintaining online press pages, setting media interviews, helping create and maintain a media and press library, drafting and coordinating press release and general media communications distributions and press clip collections, helping build an internal press database, helping manage publicity related social media messaging, pitching editorial and appearance/performance opportunities to media outlets, create press kits, and contribute to media plans and strategies.
- 3-5 years L.A. based experience as a publicist, or similar role, preferably at a non-profit, theater or performing arts center is required
- Must have a solid list of established local media contacts and relationships.
- Excellent proofing and communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and other database programs.
- Complete confidentiality and discretion, tact and poise, and sound judgment are required
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Must be able to operate independently or within a collaborative environment. Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication or Marketing or related field is required.
Plan and organize all press/media events and activities.
Develop and maintain an organized press and media library.
Maintain online press pages including press photo galleries.
Help build internal media database aligned with The Wallis database (Tessitura).
Coordinate publicity related social media efforts with Digital Marketing Manager.
Coordinate measurement reporting for all PR activities.
Collect and distribute press coverage on a timely basis.
Pitch editorial coverage and appearance/performance opportunities to targeted media outlets.
Create press kits and press packets as needed.
Create press releases and other media communications.
Set-up and manage logistics for all press interviews.
Participate and contribute to long-term and short-term strategic planning.
Collaborate with marketing and communications team on internal communication activities.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Address: 9390 N. Santa Monica Blvd.