Arts Jobs - DetailAssociate Director of Marketing & Patron Loyalty
Oakland Symphony seeks an experienced and creative Associate Director of Marketing and Communications to manage marketing and audience development efforts. The role fits into a small, dedicated staff where creative duties are shared, initiative is valued and culture is of prime importance. The Associate Director of Marketing and Communications is a hands-on contributor to the Oakland Symphony’s mission to be a connecting force through music.
This person needs to think creatively, work collaboratively, manage projects with initiative and energy, and have an eye for detail. Above all, this person must value every patron and always keep an eye toward improving the patron experience.
- Manage and execute subscription and single ticket campaigns for the Symphony concert season through direct mail, telemarketing, online and other channels
- Work closely with development staff in what is a highly integrated approach to building
- patron loyalty across the organization
- Work closely with the Box Office Manager to monitor and report subscription and single
- ticket sales, attendance, and ticketing trends
- Implement strategies that result in expanded audiences and increased public
- awareness, and monitor those efforts through data and analytics
- Develop annual workplans and budgets for media and communications strategies
- Champion the Oakland Symphony Youth Orchestra, the Oakland Symphony Chorus, and all education programs
- Meet or exceed annual revenue budgets; develop and monitor marketing expenses
- Manage print and online creative resources and partnerships
- Manage all PR-related communications and materials
- Work and collaborate with the Symphony’s executive team to assist and support the progression of patron relationships
- Oversee Box Office and Database Manager and the Social Media Coordinator positions and duties
- Demonstrate good customer relations skills in dealing with Symphony donors,
- volunteers, patrons, and employees.
- Attend all concerts to oversee box office and patron experience efforts, and assist where needed
Reports to : Interim Executive Director
About the Oakland Symphony
The Oakland Symphony celebrates its 28th season in 2017—2018 with Music Director Michael Morgan conducting a six-concert subscription season and continuing community programming
that reflects and responds to Oakland’s dynamic social landscape. As a flagship cultural organization in a city known for inclusion, innovation and dynamic change, the Oakland Symphony takes pride in embracing and reflecting Oakland’s diversity, maverick creative spirit,
individualism and style. The Symphony serves thousands of people in the Bay Area through its concerts and education programs, including the Oakland Symphony Youth Orchestra, the
Oakland Symphony Chorus, and its national award-winning MUSE (Music for Excellence) program.
Position is open until filled. Principals only. No phone calls please.
Oakland Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer